[Zbrafish] Sick Fish

Jen Matthews jmatthews at zfin.org
Tue May 16 14:39:07 EST 2006

Dear Alistair,
The symptoms you describe are most consistent with some type systemic
bacterial infection. Some diagnostics would be required to really know
what is going on with these fish. Bacterial infections in zebrafish are
most often opportunistic in nature and commonly follow some type of
husbandry failure. The questions posed by Christian Lawrence are an
important starting point to identify potential husbandry problems.  We
can help with some diagnostics if you have ongoing losses. Keep me
posted. very best, -Jen

Jennifer L. Matthews, DVM, PhD
Zebrafish International Resource Center
Pathology and Health Services
5274 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5274     <(()><
(541) 346-6028 ext. 14             <(()><
Fax (541) 346-6151
jmatthews at zfin.org