[Zbrafish] Re: Zbrafish Digest, Vol 17, Issue 4

John Kanki via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by john_kanki from dfci.harvard.edu)
Thu Oct 12 11:09:44 EST 2006

Hi all, I have two topics that I'd like to get input on from the field.

1) Can anyone send me a working protocol for doing double fluorescent
wholemount insitu preps that really works reliably and well?
(tyramide-based, etc).

2) We are in the market for replacing our high speed, commercial dish
washers in the zefish facility, and currently have some made by
Jackson. Unfortunately these are putting out a dark metallic residue
due to the reactivity of internal parts with the RO water that we use
(despite their retrofitting them to be RO-water safe). Does anyone
know of commercial models that work well for our fish tank purposes
or that have separate water inputs for the wash and rinse, so that
the final rinse alone uses RO water? This may prevent the problem we
see with our current models.
Thanks very much!

John Kanki
--

John P. Kanki   PhD
Instructor of Pediatric Oncology

Phone: 617-632-4476
Fax:  617-632-3546
Email:  john_kanki from dfci.harvard.edu