[Zbrafish] multi-tank system - problems with fish survival

dmerlo from deakin.edu.au via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by dmerlo from deakin.edu.au)
Mon Oct 23 18:40:24 EST 2006

Hi Chris,
Definately agree with Joseph. High ammonia and nitrate levels are
common when starting and stocking a new system. As the bacteria levels
in your bio-filter increase these levels will drop, but it does take
time. You could think about seeding your bio-filter with commercially
available bacteria to speed up the process and depending on amount of
fish you have it is also important to gradually increase the fish
stock on the new system and not overstock the system immediately.

Daniel Merlo
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia.

Quoting cosgood from odu.edu: