[Zbrafish] Zebrafish Behavior and Natural History Talk

clawrence at rics.bwh.harvard.edu clawrence at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 13 10:20:03 EST 2006

To list members with an interest in zebrafish behavior and husbandry:

I would like to take a moment to make you aware of a very interesting
talk being presented in Boston on Tuesday (September 19th from 1-2PM)
of next week.  Carl Smith and Rowena Spence from the University of
Leicester (UK) will be presenting some of their work on zebrafish
behavior and ecology to the New England Zebrafish Husbandry Association
(NEZHA) from 1-2 PM at Massachusetts General Hospital.

This is an excellent (and rare) opportunity to hear a talk given by
folks whom have actually studied these animals in the wild.  For those
of you within reasonable driving distance from Boston, it would be well
worth the trip.  The official announcement is below.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to
answer them.

Best wishes,
Chris

The New England Zebrafish Husbandry Association (NEZHA) presents:

Dr. Carl Smith
Department of Biology
University of Leicester

"The zebrafish: a model of behavior or just another red herring?"

&

Rowena Spence
Department of Biology
University of Leicester

"Putting the fish back into zebrafish: a study of their behavior and
ecology"

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Massachusetts General Hospital
3120 Simches Research Building
(http://www.massgeneral.org/visitor.html)

Lunch is being provided by:
 "The Center for Comparative Medicine"

Please RSVP by Wednesday, September 13th
Jessica Miller, jhen at mcb.harvard.edu

Christian Lawrence
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Karp Family Research Laboratories 06-004B
One Blackfan Circle
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: 617.355.9041
Fax: 617.355.9064