[Zbrafish] Zebrafish variation

Chi-Bin Chien chi-bin.chien at neuro.utah.edu
Tue Sep 19 17:42:13 EST 2006

Toby--

Actually, in principle WIK L11 fish should only have at most four
alleles at any given locus, since they are supposed to be descended
from a single pair of fish in Tuebingen. The line was generated in
this way in order to use it for mapping when crossed to other lines.

Perhaps you'll have better luck with a strain such as Tuebingen or
TL, or even better get fish from a commercial supplier that keeps
bigger populations. Alternately you could cross WIK to Tuebingen.

Chi-Bin Chien