[Zbrafish] Re: embryo contamination

eas from stowers-institute.org via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by eas from stowers-institute.org)
Wed Apr 4 16:10:10 EST 2007

David,

There is quite a bit of info missing here. Obviously there are a lot
of factors that can influence the health of adult fish, fry and
embryos.

Are the fish on a recirculating, or a static system? At what density
do you keep the adult fish? Do you sex segregate? Where does the
breeding take place? How are you collecting eggs? What embryo media is
used? At what density do you keep the embryos?

You say water quality is within "normal" ranges, what exactly is that?
Ammonia? Nitrate? Nitrite? Alkalinity? Hardness? Salinity?
Conductivity? Temperature? What is the source of the water (i.e.
Reverse Osmosis, well water, conditioned tap water)?
A 10% water change is ideally performed on a daily basis, not just a
few times a week.

What and how frequently do you feed?

Finally, posting a photo of the 'contaminant' on a site like
photobucket, would be very helpful.