[Zbrafish] Dishwashers

Eric Moore via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Eric.Moore from MarineBiotech.com)
Thu Aug 23 11:51:32 EST 2007

Hi Katie,

The brand isn't really important other than you would like to be able to
achieve 82.2C (180F) and you need to make sure the tanks fit properly.
Some higher end washers allow you to set the temperature.  A recent
encounter with a Miele unit in Boston showed that it was running up to
194F.  Most labs don't use soap for fear of leaving behind residual

Eric Moore
Territory Manager
Marine Biotech
54A West Dane St.
Beverly, MA  01915  USA
Toll Free US (888) 624-8265 x 132
International (978) 927-8720 x 132
Cell 978 578-2740
Fax 978 921-0231

-----Original Message-----
From: zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of katieshed77
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:52 AM
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org
Subject: [Zbrafish] Dishwashers

Hi, I work in the zebrafish facility at the Gurdon Institute at
Cambridge University, UK. I was wondering if there is a make or model
of dishwasher that is best for washing removable zebrafish tanks (we
use Marine Biotech tanks)? Is washing with hot water ok or is there a
particular detergent that is safe to use?

Zbrafish mailing list
Zbrafish from net.bio.net