[Zbrafish] growth pattern

christian lawrence via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by clawrence from rics.bwh.harvard.edu)
Thu Dec 6 13:29:49 EST 2007

It is highly variable across culturing facilities, and even in the
literature.  In our facility, they grow at an average rate of ~0.03cm/day
over the first 100 days post hatch, starting at (day 5/6) total lengths of
~0.35 cm, attaining average lengths of ~ 3.0 cm.

The rates very much depend on culturing conditions, particularly feeding,
densities, etc.

Chris

Christian Lawrence
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Karp Family Research Laboratories 06-004B
One Blackfan Circle
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: 617.355.9041
Fax: 617.355.9064