[Zbrafish] Re: In situs on sections?

Tony Cheuk-Chung Ho via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by cheuk.chung from gmail.com)
Tue Dec 11 22:16:00 EST 2007

Alessa,

Depending on the tissue and the resolution that you are interested in,
you might find paraffin wax a better alternative to cryo. In my
experience working on the retina, cryo general gives less define
cellular morphology(i.e. individual cells in the different retinal
layers). Alternatively, paraffin usually gives better preservation of
tissue morphology.

As for sections in situ protocol, I started with the Xu and
Wilkinson's protocol (1998,
http://books.google.com.tw/books?id=HV7gjZlMGHUC&dq=xu+and+wilkinson+in+situ+sections&pg=PP1&ots=mcOKyrtFXw&sig=QU-JShjJ4GBs-xGuZw4Hcb11YrI&prev=http://www.google.com.tw/search?complete=1&hl=zh-TW&q=Xu+and+Wilkinson+in+situ+sections&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail)

Good Luck with your experiments,
Tony

As far as in situ on sections goes, you can probably start with