[Zbrafish] Easy Answer? z-fish technical questions

ddecker9 from hvc.rr.com via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by ddecker9 from hvc.rr.com)
Tue Feb 20 23:52:28 EST 2007

I have a few simple questions about zebra fish...

1) When do they normally throw eggs if they are on an appropriate
light cycle? i.e. what time during the cycle. I'm  assuming when
lights come on.

2) How long does it take for them to adjust to a new light cycle?

3) I've noticed a huge range of sizes when the fish are young. What
accounts for the large size difference among fish of the same hatch.
Also, I've noticed a few very tiny dark colored fish. Why is this?

Please let me know who might be able to answer these questions or
where on zfin I might find them.

Thank you for your time.
Dwane