[Zbrafish] Re: Collecting embryos from AHAB photoperiod tanks

Cheuk-Chung Tony Ho via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by wind.4ever At gmail.com)
Sun Jan 7 22:07:07 EST 2007

Hi,

I wonder what size is the AHAB tank you are using? My insitution uses
the Marine Biotech Z-mod, which is slightly different from the AHAB. I
think the most difficult part is the space limitation in these systems,
I have seen others having a easier time with collection using
stand-alone 30 liters tanks. Anyhow, I will shared my experience and
see if anyone have a better way of doing this.

I use 4 liters tanks to house three mating pairs and I submerges a
small collection device (size about 2" x 3" x2") with a hotizontal
screen to collect embryos. the collection device sits about 1"-2" below
the surface of water. For colection in the morning, I placed a cover
over the collection device and take it out of the water carefully.

Advise Welcome.

Yours,
Tony