[Zbrafish] Duroc Cement Board Wall Finish

Doreen via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by db148n At nih.gov)
Thu Jan 11 13:25:39 EST 2007

Good afternoon,
We are currently undergoing "VALUE ENGINEERING" in our construction
renovation for a zebrafish facility.  The Project Officer has proposed
replacing the spec'd CMU walls with Duroc cement wallboard which will
be finished with an epoxy paint system and aluminum wall railings.  The
epoxy resin floor will have an integral cove base of at least 6".  We
have CMU or FRP in all other fish rooms.  Any feedback regarding
experience (positive or negative) with cement wall boards in aquatic
rooms would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.