[Zbrafish] Mycobacteria

Padnos.Beth At epamail.epa.gov via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Padnos.Beth At epamail.epa.gov)
Tue Jan 23 11:07:30 EST 2007

I work in a facility that is trying to establish a small Medaka and
Zebra fish colony.
Recently we discovered Mycobacteria in our Medaka which are on the same
rack as our Zebrafish. One of the male Zebrafish  began swimming a bit
oddly and his abdomen became red as if bleeding internally or inflamed
organs. He is has since been set to the pathologist for screening, but
is assumed to have Mycobacteria as well.
The facility Veterinarian and I have both done literature searches but
find not treatment. Has anyone successfully treated or eliminated
Mycobacteria from their  fish and or system?
Help is greatly appreciated from an inexperienced fish researcher.
Beth Padnos