[Zbrafish] killifish media

humanprimate from gmail.com via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by humanprimate from gmail.com)
Fri Jul 6 13:34:40 EST 2007

I'm a graduate student at Portland State University, working with
Killifish embryos. We are in the process of making up media for
culturing some dissociated cells and we were wondering about one of
the components. The embryo extract that is used at a 10% concentration
will be difficult for us to prepare from our embryo stocks so we were
wondering how critical this component actually is and whether or not
another species such as Salmon eggs could be substituted instead or if
there are any commercial products available? --CLM