[Zbrafish] Australian Facilities - Fish Food

christian lawrence via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by clawrence from rics.bwh.harvard.edu)
Thu Jul 19 11:44:44 EST 2007

Not sure if they have distributors in Australia, but you might try INVE
aquaculture nutrition.  http://www.inve.com/contact/   This is a global
company that makes a good pelleted feed (Lansy NRD) that we use to
supplement Artemia for broodstock and juveniles.

Christian Lawrence
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Karp Family Research Laboratories 06-004B
One Blackfan Circle
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: 617.355.9041
Fax: 617.355.9064

-----Original Message-----
From: zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Leviathan
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:30 AM
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org
Subject: [Zbrafish] Australian Facilities - Fish Food

Hi All,

i was just wondering if i could put a question out to the australian
zebrafish community?

where do you get your dry feed from?

currently we are importing about 6kg of food from the UK every 3 months or
so.  The problem with this is that because the food is comming in from
overseas, AQIS demands that it be irradiated prior to its release to us.
Obviously this carries with it a rather large additional cost.

I am therefore trying to find out where the other australian facilities get
their food from.  is there a local food manufacturer?
or does everyone currently import their fish food?

any help you can offer will be most appreciated,

many thanks,

jason