[Zbrafish] Low efficacy of splice-blocking morpholino

weibinz from umich.edu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by weibinz from umich.edu)
Sat Mar 10 17:38:53 EST 2007

Hi,
I am testing two splicing -blocking morpholino rencently. I found the
efficacy of blocking splicing is not high enough. I always detected the
normaly processed mRNA in the embryos injected with morpholino, in the
presence of the abberently processed mRNA due to the morpholino. My
injected amount of morpholino is estimated to be about 16ng per zebrafish
embryo, which I think has hit the upper limit and some embryos( about 10%)
already showed massive necrosis. I used either Danieau's or water to dilute
the morpholino to 0.5mM concentration and inject 2-4 nl per embryo. I am
wondering whether anybody could share with me some tips to increase the
efficacy.

Thanks a lot.

weibin