[Zbrafish] Low efficacy of splice-blocking morpholino

Burdine, Rebecca D via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Mon Mar 12 14:42:17 EST 2007

There may be maternal RNA in your embryos which your splice-blocking
morpholinos may not affect.

You don't say if you get a phenotype or not?  If you do, perhaps you can
use both morpholinos together at lower doses to enhance the penetrance.

If you aren't getting a phenotype, you may not be able to induce one or
you may need to knockdown maternal message with an ATG or UTR
morpholino.

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Washington Road Mof 433
Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515
Fax: (609) 258-1343
Email: rburdine from princeton.edu
Admin Assistant: Cathy Falk (609) 258-1604