[Zbrafish] Request: zebrafish inbred line

Kiyoshi Naruse via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by naruse from biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Mon Mar 26 20:16:13 EST 2007

Dear Dr. Mooij,

There are only two fish species with the true inbred lines. These are
medaka, Oryzias latipes and Platyfish, Xiphophorus maculatus

Medaka inbred lines are available from my lab and Platyfish is available
from Dr. Manfred Schartl (University of Wuerzburg, Germany).

If you think about alternative models for your research, we can help you.
You can breed medaka and platyfish in the same fish tank for zebrafish.

Best regards
----
Kiyoshi Naruse , Ph.D.

Department of Biological Sciences