[Zbrafish] Morpholino injection concentrations and carriers?

Jon D.Moulton via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by jmoulton from gene-tools.com)
Wed May 2 16:04:05 EST 2007

Good day zebrafish investigators,

This is Jon from Gene Tools.  I've a question about injection
concentrations used for Morpholino studies in zebrafish.  Based on our
interactions with zebrafish researchers, we think that most folks use a
1 nanogram/nanoliter concentration of Morpholinos for their injections.
  It seems water is the most common solvent, followed by Danieu buffer.
  I would be very interested in learning more about the concentrations
and solutions now commonly in use.  Are higher concentrations used, and
if so why and how often?  What about stock solutions - is the usual
stock concentration about 1 milliMolar, and are stocks most commonly in
water?  We are doing some systematic studies of Morpholino solubilities
and storage conditions and this information will help us to design
experiments.

To summarize the critical questions:
(1) what Morpholino concentration do you use for injections?
(2) what solution do you use in injections to carry the Morpholinos?
(3) what Morpholino concentration do you use for stocks?
(4) what solution do you use to dissolve Morpholinos in order to make
stocks?

Thanks in advance for any data you can help me with.

   - Jon

      Jon D. Moulton, Ph.D.
      Diagnostics and Special Projects
      GENE TOOLS, LLC