[Zbrafish] Summary of zebrafish injection reports

Jon D.Moulton via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by jmoulton from gene-tools.com)
Fri May 18 17:19:19 EST 2007

Good day zebrafishers,

Early this month, I asked for details of how Morpholinos are being
injected into zebrafish.  Specifically I wanted information on injection
volumes, injection concentrations and stock concentrations.  We are
doing solubility and storage tests of Morpholinos, hoping to develop
protocols that will avoid loss of solution concentrations over time.

While we are still working on our in-house testing and we do not have
new protocols to release, several of the folks who sent me data
mentioned that they wanted to see a summary of what I learned from the
data submitted.  Here is that summary.

Summary of Morpholino injection reports from the zebrafish newsgroup

Each row within a section is information from a different lab.
Concentrations were either reported in mass per volume or molarity.  To
facilitate comparison, I calculated the other unit from the unit given.
  Calculated figures are given in parentheses, based on the reported
figure in the opposing column.  Calculated molarities are based on 8200
formula mass.

Injection volumes
   up to 3.6 nl
   0.5 to 1 nl