[Zbrafish] Re: Morpholino injection concentrations and carriers?

xaos via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Mark.vanEekelen from gmail.com)
Sat May 26 14:22:30 EST 2007

On 3 mei, 23:48, Haiqiong <lhq... from gmail.com> wrote:
> (1) varies between 1mM (8.3ng/nl) to 1/6 mM
> (2) Danieu buffer (water if co-inject with mRNA)
> (3) 1mM
> (4) Danieu buffer
>
> -Haiqiong
>
> On May 2, 5:04 pm, "Jon D.Moulton" <jmoul... from gene-tools.com> wrote:
>

> > Good day zebrafish investigators,
>
> > This is Jon from Gene Tools.  I've a question about injection
> > concentrations used for Morpholino studies in zebrafish.  Based on our
> > interactions with zebrafish researchers, we think that most folks use a
> > 1 nanogram/nanoliter concentration of Morpholinos for their injections.
> >   It seems water is the most common solvent, followed by Danieu buffer.
> >   I would be very interested in learning more about the concentrations
> > and solutions now commonly in use.  Are higher concentrations used, and
> > if so why and how often?  What about stock solutions - is the usual
> > stock concentration about 1 milliMolar, and are stocks most commonly in
> > water?  We are doing some systematic studies of Morpholino solubilities
> > and storage conditions and this information will help us to design
> > experiments.
>
> > To summarize the critical questions:
> > (1) what Morpholino concentration do you use for injections?
> > (2) what solution do you use in injections to carry the Morpholinos?
> > (3) what Morpholino concentration do you use for stocks?
> > (4) what solution do you use to dissolve Morpholinos in order to make
> > stocks?
>
> > Thanks in advance for any data you can help me with.
>
> >    - Jon
>
> >       Jon D. Moulton, Ph.D.
> >       Diagnostics and Special Projects
> >       GENE TOOLS, LLC
> >       jmoul... from gene-tools.com
> >      www.gene-tools.com
> >       (541) 929-7840 x1201- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Hi Haiqiong,

I was just wondering, is there a specific reason for you to use water
in stead of Danieu buffer for Morpholino / RNA co-injections? I have
been doing these in Danieu as well so far...

thanks in advance

-xaos