[Zbrafish] Re: Help with microinjected mRNA

Tony Cheuk-Chung Ho via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by cheuk.chung from gmail.com)
Thu Nov 8 21:59:52 EST 2007

Wei,

After reading Bruce's advise (refer to my previous post
http://groups.google.com/group/bionet.organisms.zebrafish/browse_thread/thread/5c2bd01c334f425a),
I precipitate my capped RNA and resuspend in RNase-free water. At this
point, I tried to make them as concentrated as possible, maybe around
500ng/uL. Before injection, I mix the 500ng/uL stock with 0.05% Phenol
Red in RNase-free water. Then, I inject embryos at 1-2 cell stage with
0.5, 1nL, and 2nL. This seems to be working fine for me as expression
goes. Though not as "christmas tree" as I have wished, but expression
is crisp and strong at 24hpf. I was able to observe weak fluorescence
signal as early as 4-5hpf.

Hope it helps.

Tony