[Zbrafish] Zebrafish transgenics

Tania Vinagre via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by vinagre.tania from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 25 13:18:59 EST 2007

I work with mice and consequently I have some limitations regarding numbers
of transgenic embryos I can obtain. For this reason, I am considering doing
some experiments in zebrafish. I am interested in getting a reasonably high
number of transgenic embryos and analyzing their skeletal phenotype. At the
moment I am not interested in producing stable lines, only embryos, but I
came across a number of possible problems. Is there any simple way to
overcome the mosaicism in zebrafish transgenics? How can I promote the
integration of my construct? Is there any good review on transgenic
techniques?

Thanks in advance