[Zbrafish] UCSF Mission Bay - Guo Lab

Lawrence, Christian via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Christian.Lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu)
Thu Apr 10 11:57:35 EST 2008

Hadie,

No need for hormone treatments!  There is much, much more to zebrafish
reproduction than good water quality and putting a male and female
together (as many would you have believe).  Getting these fish to spawn
isn't rocket science, but it does take careful consideration of a few
key biological and behavioral attributes of the animal to be able to
work through the occasional lulls in production.

I would first check out the archives of this list as your question is
probably to most common one posted to it.  Many of the responses contain
some good anecdotal information that will be helpful to you.   If you
have further questions, get in touch with me directly and I will be glad
to assist you.

Christian Lawrence
Children's Hospital Boston
Enders/ ARCH/Aquatics
320 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 617.919.2738
christian.lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu