[Zbrafish] needle calibration

Jon D.Moulton via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by jmoulton from gene-tools.com)
Tue Aug 5 12:03:02 EST 2008

Regarding the question:
"Hi, I just started to do microinjection. I am wondering how to
calibrate the needles so that I know the amount I am injecting."

See the supporting online material
<http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/data/1142538/DC1/1> of the following
citation for *methods for characterizing microinjected volume* per embryo.
Riedel-Kruse IH, Muller C, Oates AC. Synchrony dynamics during
initiation, failure, and rescue of the segmentation clock.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17702912>
Science. 2007 Sep 28;317(5846):1911-5. Epub 2007 Aug 16.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17702912
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/data/1142538/DC1/1

Best regards,

  - Jon