[Zbrafish] Re: seasonal mortality?

Lawrence, Christian via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Christian.Lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu)
Thu Dec 4 14:28:06 EST 2008

Perhaps if Bill T. is out there reading this he might chime in...

In the meantime, what exactly do you see?

What are your thoughts as to why this might be happening?

What do you mean by "seasonal mortality"?

I've been thinking about this a bit, and perhaps this type of thing could be happening if the environment wasn't very well-controlled, i.e. your building's parameters are not well-buffered from seasonal change.
Even if this were the case, it makes more sense in terms of downticks in spawning behavior, etc. but larval survival is harder for me to understand.   This doesn't mean that it isn't happening.  I'm just skeptical.

CL