[Zbrafish] Re: seasonal mortality?

David G. White via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by dgw5079 from u.washington.edu)
Thu Dec 4 15:36:33 EST 2008

Hello, we have never noticed a problem in the fall except in one lab that does not have a RO/DI water source. In this small lab we have to filter city tap water ourselves. During the fall our filters and dosing systems are running at maximum capacity. The city may switch reservoirs, or reservoir quality may change with the rainy season, or perhaps our dosing the change is a problem but we do see a slight down turn in survival in younger sensitive fish. We do not see any differences in our other labs with a source water coming from large commercial RO/DI systems.

So perhaps its in the water, but if your in full control of your environment I do not believe in seasonality in the fish.

David G White
Research Coordinator
H225 Zebrafish Lab
University of Washington