[Zbrafish] Tenure-track position at Oklahoma

Anand via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by anandc from missouri.edu)
Fri Dec 5 15:01:04 EST 2008

Hi,

I am forwarding this email about a faculty search at Oklahoma.

Best wishes,
Anand

We are searching for a developmental biologist. We are a
"neuroethology-friendly" department. Please forward to appropriate
colleagues and/or post the job ad below.
Thanks,
Ari
Ari Berkowitz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director, Cellular & Behavioral Neurobiology Ph.D. Program
Department of Zoology
University of Oklahoma
730 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019

Phone: 405-325-3492
Fax:   405-325-6202
E-mail: ari from ou.edu
Web: http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/B/Robert.A.Berkowitz-1/
           http://www.ou.edu/cbn/

University of Oklahoma Department of Zoology
Developmental Biologist

The Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, invites
applications for a
tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level, beginning
August 2009.
We seek an outstanding researcher and teacher with broad interests in
developmental biology to join an integrative zoology department.
Preference will
be given to applicants whose research and teaching interests
complement our
existing strengths in development, neurobiology, cell signaling,
behavior, ecology
and evolutionary biology. We expect the applicant to establish an
externally-
funded research program and contribute to undergraduate and graduate
teaching, including a core undergraduate course in developmental
biology each
year. In alternate semesters, the candidate will have the opportunity
to develop a
specialty course(s) in her/his area of interest. Our successful
candidate will have
a PhD and demonstrated ability to conduct significant independent
research as
judged by publications. Send curriculum vitae, reprints/preprints, and
research
and teaching statements, and arrange to have three letters of
recommendation
sent to Chair, Developmental Biology Search Committee, Department of
Zoology, The University of Oklahoma, 730 Van Vleet Oval, Norman, OK,
73019, or as PDFs to zoology from ou.edu. Further information about the
Department of Zoology is available at zoology.ou.edu. Screening of
candidates
will begin December 15, 2008 and will continue until the position is
filled.

The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.