[Zbrafish] Re: seasonal mortality?

David G. White via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by dgw5079 from u.washington.edu)
Wed Dec 10 18:57:47 EST 2008

Hello, if your on a purely RO water supply I would guess not. That system would just have a higher reject volume, water not passing through the membrane. You might notice this if your RO pressure or volume is lower than normal, unless you have ample capacity. With a purely DI system yes, it does not reject water and only removes ions in the water. Water will pass through the resin of a DI system regardless of quality (even if the resin is spent). DI is more common then RO water in my experience.

Sounds like you are on a centralized system. I would contact whomever services the system. It might require more frequent maintenance during the fall, carbon filters, resin or membranes.

David G White
Research Coordinator
H225 Zebrafish Lab
University of Washington