[Zbrafish] Help with new cabinets

Bill Trevarrow via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by trevarro from uoneuro.uoregon.edu)
Mon Feb 18 14:17:28 EST 2008

Hi Rebecca,

Around here we use small plastic outdoor storage 
units. Some are small like outdoor storage sheds, 
some like cabinets. You can often find exaamples 
of these at Home Depots or garden stores. Rubber 
maid makes some of these, but other companies do 
also. I have use a couple of flat top cabinets 
that were about normal counter height and put an 
acrylic sheet on top to make a cheap, chemically 
stable counter.

I have also seem ads for plastic lab furniture. Much more expensive I'm sure.

>Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C87255.12C3ED8C"
>Hi everyone,
>Our current fish facility was outfitted with 
>metal cabinets which are rusting through (big 
>shock).  Our department has agreed to help us 
>replace them.
>I was wondering what people have in their 
>facilities?  Is anyone using plastic?   Does 
>anyone have suggestions as to vendors or as to 
>other rust proof material?
>These are standard under counter cabinets.  Nothing fancy.
>Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor
>Dept. of Molecular Biology
>Princeton University
>Washington Road Mof 433
>Princeton, NJ 08544
>Phone: (609) 258-7515
>Fax: (609) 258-1343
>Email: <mailto:rburdine from princeton.edu>rburdine from princeton.edu
>Admin Assistant: Cathy Falk (609) 258-1604
>Zbrafish mailing list
>Zbrafish from net.bio.net



. , . .·´¯`·.. ><)))º>
  ><>   <><   ><>   <><   ><>   <><   ><>   <><

Bill Trevarrow
Institute of Neuroscience
University of Oregon 1254
Eugene, OR 97403-1254
Off. Tel: (541) 346-4598
Cell: (541) 844-9054
Fax: (541) 346-4548
e-mail: trevarro from uoneuro.uoregon.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/zbrafish/attachments/20080218/e632783c/attachment.html

More information about the Zbrafish mailing list