[Zbrafish] Methyl cellulose

s_uchida21 from yahoo.co.jp via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by s_uchida21 from yahoo.co.jp)
Sun Jan 27 15:17:58 EST 2008

Hello.  I want to take pictures of live zebrafish embryos.  I was
introduced to methyl cellulose solution.

According to the section "METHYL CELLULOSE MOUNTING" of The Zebrafish
Book, methyl cellulose can be purchased from Sigma-Aldrich (catalog
number M-0387).

As indicated in its product sheet, it is sold as powders and takes
about 3 days to dissolve.  Are there any products of methyl cellulose
that is already in solution and ready-to-use format?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Shizuka