[Zbrafish] Re: Antibodies to detect necrosis

Tyrone via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by tgenade from gmail.com)
Fri Jul 18 08:01:19 EST 2008

Hello

On Jul 16, 3:45 pm, stefan1306 <stefan.we... from merck.de> wrote:

> at the moment I´m dealing with histology of 96 hpf embryos and I want
> to show necrosis...

You may want to pose this question to the histonet group. They may be
more forthcoming with useful information. You may also want to track
down Maldonado et al Neurobiol. 53:21--35, 2002. In it they show
neurodegeneration
(via what appears to be a non-apoptotic mechanism) using cresyl
violet.

If you find a better means to show necrosis, please let me know! I am
very far from being an expert on this topic.

Kind regards