[Zbrafish] ZebraFish Skin Histology

alzaidan.abdullah from gmail.com via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by alzaidan.abdullah from gmail.com)
Mon Jul 21 20:50:33 EST 2008

Hi,

 I’m currently studying the effect of contaminants on the skin of
Zebrafish through Histology. The problem I’m facing while processing
the tissue is after doing so the skin always detaches from the muscle.
The fixative used is 4% NBF for 24 hrs. And I’m only removing the skin
attached with muscle, also tried to cut a TS section (Dorsal to
Ventral through the vertebra) but similar effect. The thickness used
on microtome is 5um.

Any help would be appreciated

Abdullah Al-Zaidan