[Zbrafish] Physiological Saline

Thirumalai, Vatsala via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by thirumal from cshl.edu)
Wed Jul 23 17:46:42 EST 2008

Hi, Jason!
I use saline with the following composition in mM: 134 NaCl; 2.9 KCl; 1.2 MgCl2; 10 HEPES; 10 Glucose;  2.1 CaCl2. I adjust the pH to 7.8 with 10N NaOH and the osmolality should be 290 mmol/Kg. You can find this recipe in papers from the Drapeau and the Fetcho labs as well as my own. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Best,
Vatsala Thirumalai.

________________________________

From: zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu on behalf of Leviathan
Sent: Tue 7/22/2008 9:25 PM
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org
Subject: [Zbrafish] Physiological Saline

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that some of the physiologists out there may be able to
help me here.  I have just had a researcher here in adelaide approach
me inquiring as to whether she could do some physiological studies on
the zebrafish.  Considering past researchers here have all been a
twist of the molecular and developmental biology this request is all
very new for me.

I think that what she is proposing is grand, but she asked what the
composition of the
physiological saline she should use for the tissue experiments should
be to mimic the
internal environment of a zebrafish?

i have no idea, and thought i'd ask you all, to see if anyone out
there may know.

if anyone can offer assistance that would be excellent  :O)

many thanks,

jason