[Zbrafish] Re: Fungizone

finchg from ohsu.edu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by finchg from ohsu.edu)
Fri Jul 25 12:32:40 EST 2008

On Jul 25, 8:55 am, Kim <gottalovel... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever used fungizone to prevent the growth of fungus on
> their zebrafish embryos?  I am running toxicity tests and am not sure
> if the growth on the bottom of my plates is due to my toxicant or
> fungus and would like to eliminate any chance of it being fungus.  If
> anyone has information on what concentration I should be using and at
> what stage I should add it to the water.
>
>   Cheers!

I am not familiar with fungizone.  Many labs add methylene blue to
thier embryo media to control fungus.  Our lab uses at 0.02%.  This
ususally gets rid of any sign of fungus though it colors the water
slightly blue.  VWR Cat. No.VW6276-0