[Zbrafish] Zebrafish food

Lawrence, Christian via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Christian.Lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu)
Thu Jul 31 14:57:33 EST 2008

The shelf life on processed feeds is generally no more than 3 months, if they are stored correctly (cool and dry). If you don't store properly, it is less than that.

There are several processed feeds out there that support good production for zebrafish, although none have been demonstrated to be nutritionally complete.

We use Lansy NRD 400-600 pellet by INVE aquaculture.   This works best when used as part of a diet that includes Artemia.  It costs approximately 7-10$/kg.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu <zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu>
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org <bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org>
Sent: Thu Jul 31 15:15:00 2008
Subject: [Zbrafish] Zebrafish food

Hello,
  In my facility we've been feeding Rangen Trout and Salmon starter.
We've been using the same bag that we've kept in the fridge for 5
years.  Does anyone use this food and know if it lasts this long?  We
are looking to order new food but are looking for other options.  Any

Thanks,
Sarah
Lab Technician UMBC
sarbogden from gmail.com