[Zbrafish] artemia cysts

Marie Winandy via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by mwinandy from ulg.ac.be)
Wed May 7 02:38:53 EST 2008

Dear Sharon,

Here we use also INVE cysts. We allow them to hatch at 28°C with light, in a 24h delay. But before putting themin the hatchery, we soften them by incubating 30' in RO water and then 5' in NaClO. After that we rinse thoroughly and then put in the hatchery with salted water.

This NaClO treatment allows a rapid hatching and the cycsts are soft, and then don't hurt the gut of the fish. We use the same artemias for fries and adults (since day 9, increasing the given amount).

Hope it helps,

best regards,

Marie Winandy, PhD
Université de Liège
GIGA B34 -  Zebrafish Platform
Avenue de l'Hôpital 1
B-4000 Liège - Sart Tilman
Belgique
Tél: +32.4.366.99.71  +32.4.366.33.38  +32.476.97.25.33
Fax: +32.4.366.41.98
email : mwinandy from ulg.ac.be or zebrafish.giga from ulg.ac.be
 http://www.giga.ulg.ac.be/extranet/services.htm