FW: [Zbrafish] blood extraction

Claudia via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by claudia_hohn from hotmail.com)
Fri May 30 11:42:26 EST 2008

On May 29, 6:00 am, maria chiara pelleri <maripell... from hotmail.com>
wrote:
> From: maripell... from hotmail.com
> To: zbraf... from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
> Subject: RE: [Zbrafish] blood extraction
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:16:34 +0000
>
> Sorry!
> I didn't specify that I need to extract the greatest quantity of blood possible because I want to extract the RNA from the sample of blood, I usually kill the fish and I use adult fish.
> Can you help me?
> Thanks
> Maria Chiara
>
> Maria Chiara Pelleri
> University of Bologna, Italy
>
> From: maripell... from hotmail.com
> To: zbraf... from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:25:54 +0000
> CC:
> Subject: [Zbrafish] blood extraction
>
> Hi!
> I'm searching the best method for extracting the blood from
> individual zebrafish. If you had any advice or particular methods for
> extracting the blood from zf, please, answer me!!!
> Thanks
> Maria Chiara Pelleri
>
> Windows Live Mail Controlla i tuoi account di posta con un unico programma, è GRATIS!
>
> Windows Live Mail Controlla i tuoi account di posta con un unico programma, è GRATIS!

> Scarica Windows Live, un mondo di programmi per te!http://get.live.com/

Hi Maria,
we use the method described by P. JAGADEESWARAN, J. P. SHEEHAN, F. E.
CRAIG
AND D. TROYER: Identification and characterization of zebrafish
thrombocytes. British Journal of Haematology, 1999, 107, 731-738.
Depending on the size of the zebrafish you get between 5-10ul of
blood.
Claudia