[Zbrafish] about phenol red solution for microinjection

Clonfish via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by sunyonghua from gmail.com)
Tue Nov 4 04:49:57 EST 2008

Dear all,

I am trying to make a 5X stock phenol red solution for microinjection.
When I searched the literature, I found different formulas from
different papers, e.g., (0.1% phenol red, 100mM KCl) or (0.5% phenol
red, 240 mM KCl) or (1% phenol red, 200mM KCl). Do you have any idea
that which one gives the best result in your hands?

Another question is that when I prepared 1.2% phenol red solution, it
was really hard for the phenol red to be dissolved completely. Does
anybody have any suggestion for that?

Thanks a lot!

Yonghua