[Zbrafish] about phenol red solution for microinjection

Wilson Clements via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by wclements from ucsd.edu)
Wed Nov 5 12:51:42 EST 2008

Dear Yonghua,

We use
0.5% phenol red in DPBS (Sigma, cat. no. P-0290)
This solution comes already made.  I use it at 5X (1ul per 5ul total
dilution).

Best,
Wilson

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 01:49:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Clonfish <sunyonghua from gmail.com>
Subject: [Zbrafish] about phenol red solution for microinjection
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org

Dear all,

I am trying to make a 5X stock phenol red solution for microinjection.
When I searched the literature, I found different formulas from
different papers, e.g., (0.1% phenol red, 100mM KCl) or (0.5% phenol
red, 240 mM KCl) or (1% phenol red, 200mM KCl). Do you have any idea
that which one gives the best result in your hands?

Another question is that when I prepared 1.2% phenol red solution, it
was really hard for the phenol red to be dissolved completely. Does
anybody have any suggestion for that?

Thanks a lot!

Yonghua

--------------------
Wilson Clements, Ph.D.

wclements from ucsd.edu

Dept. of Biology
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology
University of California at San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.
Natural Sciences Building 6105
La Jolla, CA 92093-0380