[Zbrafish] detecting 2 bp SSLP

Thomas Bartman via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by thomas.bartman from cchmc.org)
Wed Nov 26 10:56:33 EST 2008

We're doing a positional cloning project and have an SSLP marker with
a 2-bp polymorphism.  We can pick up the polymorphism with SSCP
non-denaturing, cold acrylamide gels sometimes, but not reliably on
even high percentage agarose gels.  Has anyone used denaturing
acrylamide gels for this purpose, and do you have a protocol for the
gel composition and sample prep before loading?  Would it be the same
as what is used for sequencing gels?

Thomas Bartman, M.D., Ph.D.
Divisions of Neonatology, Pulmonary Biology, and Developmental Biology
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7009
Cincinnati, OH  45229-3039

Office: 513-636-9902