[Zbrafish] Zebrafish Photomicrography Contest

wendyf from aquaneering.com via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by wendyf from aquaneering.com)
Wed Oct 8 13:06:01 EST 2008

2009 Calendar Contest!
For Zebrafish and Xenopus Researchers

After the huge success of Aquaneering's 2008 Calendar featuring an
image by Sean Megason and Scott Fraser of the California Institute of
Technology, we have decided to get everyone involved by sponsoring a
Photomicrography contest for Aquatics Researchers for the 2009
calendar year.

Your Image in Print on our 2009 Calendar!

 Grand Prize:  MacBook Laptop Computer
  2nd Prize     $750
  3rd Prize      $500

Calendar Contest Rules
For 2009 Photomicrography of Zebrafish and Xenopus

1.  DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION is November 1, 2008.  Files may be
submitted by email (Subject line: Calendar Contest)
to:wendyf from aquaneering.com or by mailing a CD to the following address:
Aquaneering, Inc., 7960 Stromesa Court, San Diego, CA  92126, ATTN:
Calendar Contest. No images will be accepted after midnight on
November 10, 2008.

2.  All photomicrography images submitted must be created by the
entrant depicting studies with zebrafish, xenopus frogs, or other
aquatic species raised in a laboratory setting.  Up to 2 images may be
submitted per person.

3.  The following guidelines for file format MUST be followed:  Files
must be jpeg only, 300ppi, sized 8 x 10 or 8 x 8.  Zipped files are
acceptable.  All images must be accompanied by an entry form, which
can be emailed to you.  Files must be labeled as follows:
LastnameFirstname01.jpg. (or LastnameFirstname02.jpg if 2 files are

4.  Description of image(s) must be included on entry form including
what disease or condition is being studied, what body part is depicted
in the image, and what (if any) dyes were used for labeling.
Descriptions may be used for publication.

5.  Contest is open to researchers, students (undergrad or graduate)
and post docs.  No employees of imaging equipment manufacturers or
dealers are eligible.  No employees of Aquaneering, Inc. or any other
manufacturer or dealer of Aquatics Housing are eligible.  All entrants
must be affiliated with a university, college, medical school,
hospital or research facility.

6.  Judging will be done by a panel at Aquaneering, Inc.  Decision of
the judges is final.  Award recipients will be notified by December,

7.  PRIZES:  First Prize - Laptop Computer (Apple Macbook or PC
                   Second Prize - $750
                   Third Prize - $500

Entry Form

Entry Form:
please print clearly or cut and paste to a word doc. fill out and
return as an attachment to an email or by mail

Phone (w)________________________Phone (c)____________________________

IMAGE 01 DESCRIPTION: (including what disease or condition is being
studied, what body part is depicted in the image, and what (if any)
dyes were used for labeling - descriptions may be used for

I certify that I have produced the image submitted without the help of
an instructor.  I understand that the file(s) submitted will not be
returned to me, and I release all rights for publication of the
image(s) to Aquaneering, Inc.

This event is sure to bring out many phenomenal images, so let those
creative juices flow!

Don't forget the Deadline is November 1, 2008.

For more information or questions, please contact:
Wendy Porter-Francis
Aquaneering, Inc
wendyf from aquaneering.com