[Zbrafish] Zebrafish-BLOOD DIAGNOSTICS, PCV and RBC count, etc.

gothula74 from gmail.com via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by gothula74 from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 23 15:30:21 EST 2008

Hello - Does anyone happen to have normal values for MCV and Hb for
Zebrafish?  Also, I have been asked to obtain the MCV and Hb levels
for a specific line of Zebrafish.  Is there a way to run PCV/Hct and
do RBC counts for Zebrafish blood?  I am thinking that I will not be
provided with enough blood to run either; I was told the lab can
obtain ~10uL from an adult fish.  I'm thinking I need at least 80uL to
run PCV and do a RBC count.  If there is anyone out there that can
give me some advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!