[Zbrafish] Re: sick fish???

yin alessa via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by yin.alessa from gmail.com)
Sun Aug 2 12:42:46 EST 2009

Thank everybody for responding to my post.  My fish are transgenic
lines expressing dsred. I raise them the same way as all the other
fish we have in the fishroom, but only this batch has the problem:
small fish with kinky body. Now I tried to raise the male and females
separately and see what happens.

However, I also generated other transgenic lines with the same
promoter.  I found that those fish are also weaker than any other fish
I have. They seem to age faster.  When I crossed them with other fish,
few of them got killed in the crossing tank. They also seem to need
longer time to recover after crossing.  Has anybody had the
experiences like this?  Any suggestion is highly appreciated!