[Zbrafish] breeding problems in winter??

Anne Streit via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by anne_streit from web.de)
Tue Feb 3 10:40:28 EST 2009

Hallo everybody!

IŽm working with zebrafish since octobre last year. We keep them in two large 50 litre tanks, male and females
separated as good as differenciation was possible ;-)
I use Tecniplast breeding boxes for pairing. The first pairings in octobre/november/december worked well.
Unfortunately in the new year the fish have not layed eggs up to now, although IŽve tried several times to pair them.
I also made long pauses to avoid stress for the females.
The females do not have very round bellys :-(

Does anyone know if there is a seasonal dependency? I pair them off-system, means at room temperature and set up pairs
in the afternoon for the next morning.

I would be very grateful for all advices concerning breeding! :-)

Thanks in advance

best regards Anne
Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms