[Zbrafish] detergents

Burdine, Rebecca D via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Fri Feb 20 15:17:24 EST 2009

I'd love to hear answers to this question so I hope you will share any off-line responses.

For tanks - we use nothing but RO water and elbow grease period.  If  tank really needs disinfecting, we do a dilute bleach rinse, RO rinse, and complete air drying.

For the floors we use Simple Green.  My former aquaculture technicians assure me this is the detergent used on the deep sea ships they interned on to clean the decks.  It is relatively safe for aquatic life.  (I wouldn't grow my fish in it for example, but for the floors it works fine.)

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Washington Road Mof 433
Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515
Fax: (609) 258-6730
Email: rburdine from princeton.edu
Admin Assistant: Anna Schmedel (609) 258-5028