[Zbrafish] Submit TILLING requests

Cecilia Moens via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by cmoens from fhcrc.org)
Tue Jan 13 20:36:39 EST 2009

To the Members of the Zebrafish Community:

The Zebrafish TILLING Consortium is pleased to announce the launch of
a submission site for TILLING requests. TILLING is a method for
finding unique ENU-induced mutations in specific genes in a library of
mutagenized fish. This project is a joint effort of the Moens lab at
the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, the Solnica-Krezel lab at
Vanderbilt University, and the Postlethwait lab at the University of
Oregon. The goal of the project is to generate and distribute loss-of-
function mutations in genes of interest to the zebrafish community.
Our labs have established large cryopreserved libraries of ENU-
mutagenized zebrafish and have identified loss-of-function mutations
in over 70 zebrafish genes to date. Our consortium-based approach will
be to screen genes of interest sequentially at the three locations.
This work is supported by a multi-PI NIH Grant HG002995-04, which
provides salary support for TILLING personnel. The cost of TILLING
consumables is passed on to the requesters.

To learn more about the project and to submit your requests online, go
to:

http://www.fhcrc.org/tilling

Yours truly,

Cecilia Moens, Lila Solnica-Krezel and John Postlethwait.