[Zbrafish] Lipophilic tracers and MeOH preserved embryos

Cameron Wyatt via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by cwyatt42 from googlemail.com)
Fri Jun 19 05:17:45 EST 2009

I have recently received a batch of 3 days post fertilisation
zebrafish embryos in which I had intended to trace the optic
projection with DiI or DiO. Unfortunately the embryos were preserved
in MeOH.
Can anyone direct me to a protocol for rehydration which would make
the embryos suitable for tracing or has the MeOH rendered them
unusable?
~ Cameron