[Zbrafish] Re: Mass Embryo Production System

Leviathan via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by jason.cockington from gmail.com)
Sun Mar 29 19:02:56 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'd be keen to here your views on the MEPS or Mini MEPS also.

We currently produce embryos via tank spawning (60 fish/Tank) over a
trap.  This occurs daily across several different time points.

We find although fairly reliable, we still get hit and miss days.

So, those of you that are currently using a MEPS:

Do you reliably get lays everyday?

Roughly how many eggs do you get in a lay?

How much control do you get with regards to the age of the embryos
when harvested?  ie are they mixed, or are you able to collect in a
tight enough window to get 1cell embryos?

thanks,

jason