[Zbrafish] Mouth deformation

Lawrence, Christian via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by Christian.Lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu)
Mon Mar 30 09:26:58 EST 2009

Yes, we see it from time to time.  I believe that it is indeed the lower jaw getting dislodged initially.  I think it is likely that there is some underlying genetic factor involved because when we do see these fish - and it isn't often - there will usually be a few fish in the same tank that develop this over time.

Christian Lawrence
Aquatic Resources Program
Children's Hospital Boston
320 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
617.919.2738 (office)
617.730.0836 (fax)
christian.lawrence from childrens.harvard.edu